Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

smart phones

Do we let the students use the smart phones, in class?

I have to for most of my classes I teach web design & App Design. Students need to understand the ways of Apps in order to design correctly for them.

I am at an extern site with my students. The smart phone is very important because this gives then access to research something on site while on their breaks. The extern site is a Hospital Operating Room. The smart phone is very valuable tool at times for my students.

Robert,

You bring up an excellent point- having the ability to research on-site is quite valuable. I am certain your students are often exposed to new techniques and terminology; having the ability to research further while it is still fresh in their mind is key to retaining this knowledge.

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

I teach fashion design and it becomes very difficult to keep their attention when they have their phone right next to them. But I do try to give them assignment where they can use the phone to do research in class and when the phone has to be on silent and listen/attention mode.. such as guest lecture....

Sign In to comment