Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

PERFORMANCE CONTRACTS

belive that they can help, although many schools, such as out, have a specified curriculum, in which the instructor does not create.
COudl we do this?

Also, if the advantage is only 1 point, then it may not excite the students. Another incentive (higher points) would be better.

Nancy,
it is defintely a method that can be modified within the bounds of your school. The part I like is that we are holding each other mutually accountable--me to deliver the promised content & them to do the promised work.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I agree, having performance contracts helps immensly with discipline and students that show up late or miss too many classes. It's important to make sure they get a copy so they know the responsibilities of everyone involved in the classroom experience.

I generally ask students, at the beginning or the semester, what it is specifically they want to achieve in the course.

Paul,

I think this is a great strategy & one that we check in with & make sure they are learning what they want.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I agree. If they have a combination of what they want to learn and additional information they need to learn, students will be more engaged all around.

I think this is an excellent idea to get students involved and accountable for their learning. I can see how this could work so I do believe it is something that the students would understand the relevance as well.

Jackie,
it also provides a way for the students to hold us, as instructors, accountable to deliver what we said we would give them in the class.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment