Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Indeed, I have been incorporating technology in the classroom. Although our campus does not have 'smart boards' yet, I utilize the generation 'Y'ers as my technical support. They have an reserve seating near my work area for easy access to solve computer glitches. At the same time, I am also learning from the students on trouble shooting technical errors and computer failure.

I agree. NOT everything on the internet is true (I know, amazing, huh?). I think this topic goes well with the topic on Critical Thinking Skills and if we improve this area (CT) of their education, the rest will fall into place because they can discern good information from bad or faulty information.

James,
yes & helping our students know how to research & discern good info from bad is crucial to developing in this area.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

we have the same issue.. we really have to stay on top of what they are looking up and the credibility of their source.

I encourage technology in the classroom for learning tools. It can be a distration if it is too much of a clutch. Know when and how to use it to engage the student is the key.

Brian,
so true which really requires some careful planning on our part.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment