Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Teachers BB and Gen X

How to best communicate and work togather when Instrutors are from different Generations:

How to best organize your classrooms?

I find it best that after a few classes together, I try to fit myself to fit more of my students. at times this is harder than before dur to age and our diffrent backrounds. However, if I do not try to reach my students all is lost. I try to organize my class room with a mixture of diffrent media to help all of my many diffrent students.

As the instructor we must not yeild to the temptation of teaching to our style of learning. On emust consider the participant and their point of view. By researchingh the best practices on how to teach the current generation, one will see that technology may assist in delivering instruction. We must have a setup that takes into consideration how our stakeholder learns.

The best way to communicate and work with instructors are from different generations is to be myself. With every generation, I have people in my life in those same generations to whom I interact with on regular bases, so there would not be any change.

To me, it really doesn’t matter what generation they come from. It all comes down to how I relate and interact with each individual as a person.

I like for my classroom, to be mixed so that everyone can learn from the different styles of each generation.

Kisha,
this is a good point, we must relate to people as individuals & knowing the various characteristics can help us in this way too.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I believe it is best to teach to the culture of our current environment. As an adult educator, most of the challenge I face is bringing students to terms with the current employment environment they are gaining skills to be effective in. Technology is driving every field today and will not be slowing in momentum anytime soon. I feel that it is my duty to help students from all generations how to be successful and adaptive.

I encourage students to be adaptive in the classroom, thus they will be adaptive in the workforce and potentially much more successful.

Lissa,
this is an excellent point & while we have to teach material, we also need our students to be able to constantly adapt & grow.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment