Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

classroom disabilities

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT I ENJOYED READING OVER THIS TOPIC. I BECAME MORE AWARE OF THE PSYCOLOGICAL DISABITIES THAT ARE PRESENT IN OUR CLASSROOMS. I HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE OF HOW TO GO ABOUT TEACHING A STUDENT WITH A DISABLITY AND HOW TO MAKE THE ENVIORMENT SAFE AND FRIENDLY FOR THEM

Adina,
I like the last part of your statement especially. "How to make the environment safe and friendly for them"... that's actually a pretty powerful idea. I am glad you found the information useful in reaching out to students in a way that both empowers and supports them.

Dr. Jane Jarrow

Some of the students need special attention all the time witch takes away from other students .

Eugene,
Hmmm... it sounds as though somewhere along the line, you have been diverted from the path of accommodation to a path that leads to Special Education. If the students with disabilities are impacting the educational experience of others, there is something wrong with the system. I would suggest you speak to the administrators at your institution, explain your concerns, and see if you can mutually agree on some solution.

Dr. Jane Jarrow

So time ago I had a student in a wheel chair. As an instructor it took some creativity to over come. As a time we simply did the best for the student allowing him to perform to his best. Over the last several years I have also had students that were death. Lifes good though.

mark,
UM... Mark? I think you mean "students who were DEAF" -- not "death." Unless that "Life's good" comment is for them, and not for you! GRIN

Dr. Jane Jarrow

Sign In to comment