Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning Basics

As learning styles change and are enhanced, overall the basic learning methods are still utilzed one some shape or form. Some of these are reading whether it be electronic or paper and another is listening whether it be from a live person or audio.

Beatrice,
True, as generations change so do learning styles.

Shelly Crider

I think it's important to expose students to all styles of learning. They may be out of their comfort zone but in the end they will be more well rounded and more able to tackle life's various challenges as well as work's.

Albert,
I agree. Students are in school to learn. So learing outside their comfort zone should go right along with them. We have all had jobs where our comfort level has been stretched!

Shelly Crider

I agree with you Albert that it is important to expose students to all styles of learning. Not only will this make them more well rounded, but it will also increase the retention of information since students are utilizing a variety of sensory methods.

I teach learning styles in one of my classes and students are often surprised to learn that they factor into many different learning styles. Once they discover their learning styles, they create more effective study methods based upon their results.

Sign In to comment