Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

learning Skills

I think it is good that instructors should be able to identidiy the learning styles of students

I agree I think you need assess the class to determine each students strong and weak points to effectively teach a group.

Omesa,
Yes, being able to identify learning styles will allow more direction for the student.

Shelly Crider

Not only direction for the students but for the instructors aswell. Instructors identify it and use different techniques to si those students can process it easier.

Omesa,
Yes, we instructors love direction as well to help us help the students.

Shelly Crider

it is important to figure out the styles of your stuedent within the first few days, this way you can adapt to most students, weather you need to add more visual or hands on examples as part of your lecture.

Todd,
It is nice to have extra resources around so that those students who do need extra visual aids. You are ready to simply pass them right on!

Shelly Crider

I agree that being able to identify a studdents stronger method of learning is important. Where I have difficulty is getting the point across to the students that even though their field of study is mostly hands on; they are capeable of and required to use forms of learning other than tactile or kinistetic.

Matthew,
Good point. We will always have a paper trail...so to say.

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment