Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

soft skills

how effective are your soft skills.

Tomeka,
I think that everyone gauges everyone else's soft skills. In my opinion I believe that my soft skills have definitely gotten better over time. I am not saying that i am perfect or that anyone else is. I think that we all need to be on guard and when our emotions reach a peak, either good or bad. That is when we need to pay close attention to our own soft skill and ou interactions with others.
Philip Campbell

I know from my experiences in the classroom and having to deal with so many different student perspectives my soft skills have improved dramatically. I totally agree with this course in that technical skills are only a small piece of being a teacher it is the soft skills that make a "great" teacher.

I teach my students both hard and soft skills because I believe they will not be able to be successful with just hard skills.

I agree that my soft skills have greatly improved since I have been an instructor. Students challenge us every day with personal issues and/or classroom issues. It can be assumed that all instructors have the technicals skills needed to teach effectively; however soft skills in most cases need to be developed.

Gail,
Skills can be taught, but those soft skills are a little tougher to teach. We can expose our students to situations that help them to develop those skills. It is not as simple as picking letter C on a test.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment