Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft Skills for Instructors

I truly enjoyed taking this online program. I thought I knew exactly what "soft skills" contained, but, in fact, I learned much more about myself than I thought. I learned that I need to concentrate more on my own "personal" feelings, when discussing, teaching and relating to my coworkers on a day to day basis. I also believe, that "body language" has much to do with our "soft skills' as well as, our personal, verbal communication.

Yes, I agree. I also learned that managing my emotions is a very important quality that I will need to work on. I also will try and monitor my body language to be sure I am sending the intended message.

i learned lot about improving soft skills from this course and tactful applications of those skills. It is a very important topic specially for the professional courses I teach. I also shared my learned topic with my students.Soft skills are important for any professionals.

sultana,
Glad you found some useful items from this experience. Keep sharing with your students, they appreciate it.
Philip Campbell

Soft skills are very important when teaching, you have students with different issue worries and obsticles coming to your class, if you make the feel welcome and give positive feedback to them on how they can learn more and retain the information it will continue to motivate them in the right direction. I also agree that the way you say thing will have a large efffect on their reaction to the message. Knowing how to comunicate with others is very important in being a successful teacher.

Sign In to comment