Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Positive Attitude

I really like this subject on this course, as I think a positive attitude really plays a huge role in our everyday lifes. I like to speak in class about how important a Positive Attitude is essential especially in the workplace. A student can be the very best at homework, test taking, etc. but if they have a bad attitude it will not matter.

Positive Actitude is the most important tool at my work, it reflects in every meeting with students and graduates.

Phyllis,
Very true. Keep highlighting those skills.
Philip Campbell

Phyllis, I really agree with you. In a vocational setting some of our students tend to think "I just need this skill. Why do you keep bothering me about my attitude." Do you think it might be a reflection on today's society - the "it's all about ME" attitude? This seem so true in the younger students.

I completely agree with you. Also attitude is contagious. If one student has a poor attitude then the entire class will jump on the band wagon. I try to portrait a positive attitude at all times and have found that others will also follow along.

a positive attitude is contagious but an overly positive attitude is a real turn off. I have been in meetings and classroom settings where a person is so over the top that you just want to tell them get real. I am not saying that doom and gloom is good just that you have to be real the students know better.

I think that a positive attitude is 9/10 of any situation,@work ,play ,home or any social functions.As an Instructor I try to show by example and impelement a positive work and or learning zone! Sometimes the human side comes out first instead of keeping my emotions in check,example the student that does not want to be in or at school ;this will tend to make it hard on the rest of the class and Instructor.

Positive attitude?
is exactly what it says
to me it is the begining and end for everything
that I teach. without it you you will pull the whole class down.

Through personal experience as well as experience of teaching for over nine years, a positive attitude is key. A positive attitude can cause one to overcome what may seem to be insurmontable circumstances. It also can be what it takes to make something that seems impossible to become possible. I have taught my students throughout the last nine years...positive attitude is the most important thing you can do for yourself!!

Gail,
Being positive can help to overcome many obstacles. Stay positive even when it is hard to.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment