Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft skills in the workplace

in my experience, teaching soft skills will get you far far greater in the work place (i instruct for a job that is strictly people based at college) and will net you a longer career.

I attempt to teach soft skills in every class. This should be an ongoing process. We are frequently challenged by students who don't even realize they are lacking soft skills. They need to be educated on this and then given many opportunities to practice. Frequently we are changing some very strong habits!

Cheryl,
This is an ongoing process. Soft skills are ones that can be easily ignored. It does take effort to use them.
Philip Campbell

Darin,
In the experiences I have had, employers look at soft skills as much as they look at the technical skills for their jobs.
Philip Campbell

I agree! Changing habits is difficult especially if they are learned! Teachinmg soft skills will enable all to be better learners and communicators.

I believe, that usually people worry about hard skills and they do not try to cultivate people skills and soft skills.

Beatrice,
This is true, which is why we need to put more of a focus on the soft skills. You can do that in your courses.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment