Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft skills

Soft skills are essentially important for all types of students but most important to the troubled students. Identifying them and meeting their needs is only done through these skills. Instructors that lack these skills should not be teachers. They cannot be effective teachers unless they get to know their students and identify their needs educationally. Some students will not be sucessful unless approached in the right manner. For many of these students, you only get one shot at this. If approached in the wrong way, in a threatening manner for example, they may completely shut down and it may become impossible to resolve.

I agree. Identifying needs and working with students is very essential and cannot be accomplished by all.

Said,
Thank you for your post. What should be our goal. If it is not bale to be accomplished by all what can we do? I think the effort is what makes it worth it. I agree working with students toward the goal is the best thing we can do.
Philip Campbell

First impressions are indeed extremely significant. Teachers should receive additional training to learn how to effectively approach troubled students. After all, conventional methods will often not work with these students.

David,
First Impressions on impressionable people are even more important.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment