Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

People Skills

People skills are so very important in every area of life, especially being a nurse educator. we deal with people every minute of the day, and if you are not aware of every word, every body language you are exhibiting you can totally distroy your patients their family members, and your students.This module is a refresher course for me. Thanks

Being a professor and observing people skills plays an important role in my life. I see the interaction in the classroom as well as the inetraction of my grand children, all while keeping in mind these young ones are our future. We need to be their role models.

bonnie,
There are always role models, and people modeling behavior for others. I feel that they can almost be the same. When we someone deal with a difficult situation we find ourselves mimicking what they did to deal with the issue. If it worked for them why can't it work for me? Many times it does.
Philip Campbell

I totally agree. It is critical for anyone in the medical profession to have great people skills. You have to learn how to read people based on their facial expression and body language. Medical professional have to be mindful of their tone when it relates to people skills.

Sign In to comment