Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Work place behavior

Having worked in an environment that was strained at best because of the behavior of the workers. Degrating,name calling, arguments and disrespect were an everyday occurance. I referred to the job as the toxic dump. EAP had to come in and be a mediator to help improve the work place. Employees were not happy therefore the customers were not happy. I have learned that a work place needs to be free from verbal harrassment. Once the work place is out of control how does one retake the environment and change it into a pleasant place with mutual respect between employees?

Its true we don't always like everyone with whom we work. The question is why? We all are competent at our jobs otherwise we wouldn't be at that job.Perhaps we form our dislikes to our fellow workers because of our emotional status and lack of understanding. As stated in the course " the job must get done regardless of how we feel about our co-workers. Behavior in your work place as described should never been allowed. The answer that I concluded is "one must manage their own emotions, have a positive outlook and leave the negatism out of the work place.

I feel that sometimes that kind of behaviour exists because it is allowed to continue. When i see that kind of thing start among the students i step in and just shut it down. My students respect me and they know that i have the best interest of the class and each of them individually at heart. I am training students to be part of health care team and if they can;t work as part of the team then they need to find another profession. They will not always love their boss and fellow workers, but they have to respect each component of the team and the tasks they contribute to "get the job done."

Different personalities interact differently with each other. Co-workers do not have to be friends but have to get along to get the job done. We all have to learn how to put our differences aside at least for eight working hours.

I agree even though co-workers do not get along which 9 times out of 10 it is more of misconception or a misunderstanding than anything else, they can't show their emotions to their students or people that they manage. The bottom line is that they need to respect each other and have the same common goal to get the job done. They also need to communicate with each other as many times they may come to realize that what they may not have liked about the person was incorrect.

Sign In to comment