Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Time Management

THIS has long been my Achilles heal. I'm a procrastinator. The tips I've learned as an instructor have me improving here but I'm not there yet. Is anybody EVER really "there"? How will I know?

Robert,
I think you have just answered your question. Bravo for admitting it. But now that you know this, what you do with the information is up to you. I do not think, anyone is ever really there. There are so many different techniques, that you just need to find what works and keep at it.
Philip Campbell

I am in the same boat as you I am a procrastinator as well and find myself having to really concentrate on tasks to be done and keep a accurate time line schedule for items to be done. I have found that to be very helpful.

Robert,

I also am a lot like you. I guess it's just a chain of poor soft skill behavior that I have developed. The procrastination leads to time management problems, which lead to stress management problems, which leads to other soft skill problems. At least by understanding this presentation has made me aware of my problem. Your final question is a great one. When do I know I have my problem beat???

I have difficulty ordering what to do next and completing what I have started, sometimes become so focused on the “technical” that I neglect emotions of others; helps to remember that time must be spent in this area too. Manipulating others emotions and my own could save time in the long run. I also seek out other advice and am currently reading Eat that Frog – on procrastination.

I find that If I get a portion of a task done each day, it doesn't get to the point where I am scrambeling at the last minute to complete the entire task.

For me its one of the most frustrating thing when i have to rush to complete an assingment or a report. I am a beliver in time management. Rushing can be too stressful. I will put aside time in my day to complete what i have to do on time.

Alphia,
Good point, budgeting our time helps.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment