Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivation needs rewards

I think students motivation should be cultivated with time and instructors should proceed by steps: motivators should fix some personal objectives during the course, in order to construct their proper way to bring out the best they can from the classroom.
When students reach a sufficient level of autonomy, security and interest in what they are learning, motivators should give rewards, such as more activities in groups, extra debates on particular topics, give students a chance to research individually on some topics, to relate to the class what they find out etc.

This can increase self-confidence, curiosity and a good relationship between instructor and student. This could be very interesting for growing an open-minded way of thinking and a higher level of learning. It could be a good method to stimulate and inspire students to research and keep on exploring, during the course,  and during their life.

I agree although I don't think that this portion has covered all of the factors that attribute to student motivation.  There are many external factors that contribute as well, personal issues, familial support of edcuation and such. 

Sign In to comment