Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keep them Engaged!

I believe that the best way to teach and manage an adult learner class is through blended learning. Of course, there are methods and models for implementing blended learning -- from the flipped classroom, to the flex model. All of them are on the continuum of just how much time is spent online or in the classroom. Blended Learning can provide a unique way of not only engaging students in collaborative work and projects, but also personalizing and individualizing instruction for students.

However, there is still one piece that is missing from a great blended learning environment: engagement! As an experienced teacher of higher education students, I am familiar with the challenges of engaging students in class and lab work. Fortunately, the blended learning model still demands a kind of in-person, brick-and-mortar learning, so there is a unique opportunity to use this structure to engage students.

1) Leverage Class Projects with Collaborative Work

2) Create the Need to Know

3) Reflect and Set Goals

4) Differentiate Instruction Through class / lab Work

5) Use Tools for Mobile Learning

I totally agree with you, these structures are the key for students success and engage the students to keep them motivated in order to focus, and finish their assigmemts!

Sign In to comment