Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is quality that matters

Customers, so be it students or the purchaser at a store. all desire one thing, quality.

Hi Sandra,
Yes, they expect and they should have quality. We as the business should provide remarkable customer service.

Patricia Scales

Sandra,
I agree that most customers (students) are looking for a quality product (education) but, a lot of students are looking for a bargain (degree) at the lowest cost with the least amount of effort. These students are the ones that make our job difficult to provide great customer service. This is one case where the customer is not always right.

Hi Glenn,
I concur! Students need to understand that they have to work to earn grades. I do not believe in giving students grades. We are not doing them any favors by giving them grades.

Patricia Scales

Yes quality matters. My experience with adult learners is the suspicion that because they have an idea what a degree means in terms of the next salary level, they pay less attention to quality. For some of them, if getting a "D" in the course is enough -that is all they want to satisfy. Yes quality matters but sometimes customers are willing to compromise quality for whatever is their own definition of quality.

Sign In to comment