Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students/customers

Our students really are our customers.They are paying for the knowledge we supply. As customers they need to actively take advantage of the information offered. As Instructors, we need to treat them with respect and help them individually to make sure every student gets the information they are paying for. As customers, they are expected to follow school rules and realize grading criteria and proficiency are the same for everyone.

Hi James,
I love your perspective! You are definitely thinking as a true educator. We must give our student everything we have to help them secure their success.

Patricia Scales

Thanks, I do the best I can.I believe my 23 years experience has helped me hone my skills.

Hi James,
Wow, 23 years of experience is impressive! Experience is truly the best teacher.

Patricia Scales

I agree with the concepts of treating them with respect and being sure we are giving them what they are paying for. I also think as intructors we must ensure that the information we give them is beneficial to their career of choice in the future. For many of us teaching in a technical field that we were once a part of our experiences in that field can help the students find the value in what we are teaching them and also lead to a higher level of satisfaction with the education we've provided to them.

Hi Brent,
You are on point! Students need to understand the value of their education as to how it relates to the real world.

Patricia Scales

At our school the students are not our primary customers, our students future employers are our primary customer by company stardands, students are a customer in that we receive money from them but we are training them to meet the needs of our primary customer.

Hi Jack,
We have to remember that employers are important to our institution as well and must be treated with impeccable customer service.

Patricia Scales

Sign In to comment