Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student Security

Allowing students to work in pairs has really helped the learning outcomes of my students. Some groups work better together than others but switching up the groups helps others to see how to work out problems. Having a schedule of the group rotation really helps and gets people excited to work with other indivuals.

I agree 100% with this method and its relation to student security. Group work allows more creativity to generate by having several diverse students input their ideas in a small group, rather than a large group (where they could possibly be overlooked) or individually (where they may not strive as far due to lack of ideas/creativity). This helps with students who are shy, lack confidence and do not like to speak/present alone in front of a class. Instead, a student would be more comfortable discussing things with a group of 2-4 people. I myself as a student preferred working alongside a small group where we could bounce ideas off one another and present as a group and the focus not be solely on me. It also is better for the instructor to assign the groups so that there are no 'cliques' that continually pair together. It is also another method to get your students to get to know one another.

Sign In to comment