Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be here and do what we are doing

I share this sentiment with students the first week of classes... be here and do what we are doing. It reminds them of their responsibility in my classroom. If they can meet this challenge, I then must supply the reason for attending. If I create an exciting and interesting learning environment along with positive nurturing feedback, they will return each day. Retention is the sum total of many different steps and strategies with the instructor at the hub. I love being the hub!

Hi Rosie,
I can tell you like being an instructor and I am sure your students do as well. Great to hear about your successes.
Gary

I also enjoy my job as an CDL instructor. I tell my students that they need to be where we are in body and mind. They can not wander off and not be paying attention to what we are trying to teach them during our lab time which includes hands on off the proper way to do a pre trip inspection.

Hi Robert,
What are some of the strategies you use to keep both the minds and bodies of your students engaged in the learning process?
Gary

My thoughts exactly, I also offer participations points.

Hi Lori,
In what ways do you offer participation points? What percent of the total grade to you have these points count?
Gary

I share real world experiences with the students which gets them excited about the material and makes them come back begging for more. My love is teaching others to conquer their fears and succeed. If students see that you are passionate about your career it will motivate them to continue on and create their passion in life.

Great Post Rosie.

Hi Cynthia,
Well said. I can tell that you are devoted to your students and their learning. Never let that zeal leave you and you will enjoy be an educator for many years.
Gary

Sign In to comment