Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Videos and Animation

I am a big beleiver of videos and animation type teaching. It helps student to learn more and quick.

I think videos are a great tool to reinforce what the instructor is teaching. What I like to do is play a few minutes of a video and the stop the video and have some discuession around it.

I'm also a big fan of videos, not as a primary teaching tool but more to mix things up. The big problem I have is trying to find up to date videos so the younger students don't feel they are watching their parents or grandparents.

Hi Troy,
You make a good point about updated visual media. The content may remain the same but the technology or dress of the people does change. My college has trouble sometimes with me buying an updated version of a CD. They have been supportive when I tell them that I have to have media that supports all generations of learners in my classroom.
Another problem it sounds like we both have is finding recently made media because commercial companies don't update them since they don't see the new versions as being able to make them money. Then I have to use my older versions and explain to my students why I am using them.
Gary

Sign In to comment