Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivation

Sharing personal experiences has been a key motivator in my class. I have a wide range of age diversity in my class they all have discouraging times but I am able to share personal experiences that influence all, no matter what the age is and produces encouragement amongst each other. No matter the age, everyone can learn something new!

Hi Marisol,
Well said. Based upon the life experiences that you share with your students they will know that in spite of their own tough times, if they stay in school and complete their training they can succeed.
This is a part of the life application process your students need to see and you are doing just that with your life example.
Gary

The one idea that has been most successful for me is have the student write on a 3X5 Card...Why did I select the Blank Program...about half way throught the course...if the student is having a problem I get together with them and show the student their card and ask if something has changed in their desires.

Hi Mark,
Good refresher for students as they get bogged down with the course part way through. This helps them to remember why they are there.
Gary

Sign In to comment