Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivation

Not only is it important to be able to effectively motivate your students, but we have to remember to motivate ourselves, as teachers. Often times we can lose sight of what it is we are doing when difficult things come our way outside of work, but it is always important to keep looking up and remember you are there to enlighten someones life! If you are feeling less then motivated to continue, the students can see it and it makes them feel even more uncertain about continuing.

Hi Sandra,
Well said. If we are excited about what we are doing and the content we are sharing our students will "feel it" as well. Every student may not catch the "fever" but the majority will. This will give us the time to focus our attention on those that need that extra bit of attention to keep the engaged.
Gary

I find a good way to motivate myself is by visiting industry related sites and talking to the professionals there. This also helps me keep up with current trends and gets me excited to teach.

Hi Amy,
Excellent professional development plan. You can bring back to the classroom such much current information and make it a part of your relevant curriculum.
Gary

Sign In to comment