Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Tactile Learners

In culinary, most students are tacilt learners and learn quicker through demonstration and practical application. if they see it, they can reproduce it.

Todd,
The more senses used and experiences had the better in terms of creating long term memories for students. All of these components come together to help students to see relevance in what is being taught.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Dental assisting is a very tactile profession. I always perform all tactile clinical skills my students will be performing on humans on my students so they can feel how it should be done. Oral impressions, X-ray placement, and extra oral exams should always be demonstrated on the student so they can get the "feel" of the skill.

Kathy,
Learning in this field as with many others is a two way experience and I think it is so important that you teach them the "feel" aspect. Until they know the feel part of the services they are providing they will not know how the patient is being treated in terms of pain, pressure, etc..
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

It is the same with massage therapy students, but also doing the written is important as that is what they will need for their MBLEX (post grad test) to get licensed.

Sign In to comment