Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

crisis game

very powerfull and stimulating game that teach students to work under pressure and think sytematically at emergencies.Good idea, will try it in the first occasion.

Hanaa,
I know you are going to like the results from this exercise. My students really like these types of activities and it helps them to develop their critical thinking skills.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

I think this is a great idea for an activity to break things up and get the students excited about the class again.

I teach in a Criminal Justice Program, so an added benefit is giving them a feel for what it is like to have to make quick decisions during a crisis situation, which is a skill you must have to be sucessful in our profession.

Jeremy,
Your field does lend itself to quick and correct decisions in crisis situations. The more you can provide experiences where they develop critical thinking and problem solving skills the better prepared they are going to be the day they are facing the real thing.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

I created a game that was a case study of a business in trouble. Students love to solve and give options. We focused on taking all the options and creating the optimal solution!

Katherine,
I think this is a very effective teaching method. I use case studies in my classes as well. The students become invested in the situation very quickly and work hard to come up with solutions. I serve as the coach of the process and really enjoy seeing the growth that results.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

I really like this idea and can't wait to try it.

Sign In to comment