Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Changing up your routine teaching habits

If you continue to keep taking classes and broadening your education, you will observe effective ways to change up your routine of teaching skills, that you can incorporate into your teaching style.

Hi Judy,
Good point about life long learning for both instructors and students.
Gary

We change students every three weeks. usually within the first hour or two you will have to adjust your delivery style or at least put it into a seak/search mode to tune into the reception level and style of the studnets

Hi Richard,
With students changing every three weeks you have to bring your A game to class every day. What are some strategies you use to get a feel for the needs of your new students?
Gary

This is the only way we can make most of the students' time inside the classroom interesting and at the same time break the monotony for teacher's sake. Too much repetition makes teaching and teacher himself boring. Naturally, productivity will not be met.

I think contiuing education or changin teaching style doesnt always have to be going in a formal class. Resourcefullness and creativity play a great part and nowadays these are not that hard to have. Of course, it will depend on one's interest or motivation to do it.

We also change students every three weeks. I think the different students bring different was of putting things. Thus making the class not the same old thing. You just have to listen to the students.

I find that I have to try different approaches to different classes. I cannot believe how diffent my classes are from rotation to rotation as far as personalities.

Sign In to comment