Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

student struggles

I have learned listening and talking to students makes me aware of there different learning abilities from classwork to labwork.learning your student stuggles gives the instructor a positve starting point on class assignments

David,
You make a good point about needing to listen to students. You can learn so much from listening and then plan your instructional delivery based upon what you have learned.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

I like to talk with my students to get as much info on them as possible, building a good background can help you to prepare for their learning needs and possible ways around issues that may arise

I completely agree with you about searching for background info about your students. One of the hardest things to do as instructor is to be able to approach each student on their own level.

Michael,
Respect and rapport can be more easily developed with students if you have some background knowledge to operate with and from. You make a good point about how important such information really is.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Listening and talking to students not only gives insight to their daily lives, whether it concerns school or home life, it also helps me to proactively put plans in place to assist in thier success, or guide them to additional resources that would be helpful to them.

Marcia,
It really does help because by listening you not only learn but also earn their respect because you do listen. They see that as valuing them and their input.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I feel it is so important to listen to your students on a daily basis, not just talk to them.

Tammy,
Listening is a powerful teaching tool. It also helps with earning respect from students while establishing rapport.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I agree in talking with my students, and getting to know their background. Alot of times students have struggles we dont know about and sometimes that can or will affect their performance or attendance in class. Students want to feel that the instructors care about them.

Sign In to comment