Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Collaborative Teaching and Learning | Origin: ED129

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Practical Applications for the Flipped Classroom --> Collaborative Teaching and Learning

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Accelerated learning through peer to peer and facilitator including discussions and excersices where retention of material/subjects is maximized/learned.

Relection is an important component to solidying learning

The concepts of reflection and group discussion have been utilized in class and are very helpful with understanding.  Especially when the students work together, they are able to collaborate and help each other.

I like the joint problem solving process and incorporating mutual communication during the process as well as reflective practice to fully engage the learner.  

I like the idea of the reflections but I am struggling at the moment trying to figure out how to make it work in my situation. Since I do not teach until the fall, it is difficult to see without developing the context of experience. 

The steps for the joint problem-solving were what I gleened the most from. I think they're particularly helpful in the CTE genres, where the majority of fields are geared towards solving problems. In our quick-paced digital world, its easy to consider a problem at face-value, but the investigation and filtering steps are crucial and often ignored. I'll likely include this for students to consider when they approach a new project and how they actually made it to the final steps of it.

I like this particular section,because it made valid points, something that sounds like I could really start to work at.

I think reflection is especially important for learning. While there are some opportunities for that built into the course I am teaching, I would like to continue to encourage reflection more regularly with my students. 

Reflections are great because the focus on the result. Reflections allow us to look at the process and see what the outcome is and how it was achieved.

Reflections help students understand what they learned, how they learned it, how they problem solved, and what their processes were. 

I see the "listen to respond" everyday and it is like a natural way we are designed in this day and age and I believe it is because of how fast paced our lives are. We have to remind ourselves going into listening mode and really understand what someone is telling us and not just getting ready to respond. I know that repeating back the info someone has just told me helps them feel like I have really heard them and understand where they are coming from. 

I took the most out of the mutual communication section. Communication can be the most significant barrier regarding the delivery of information. Ensuring communication is all-inclusive and delivered in a safe and comfortable learning environment is essential to allow for opinions and ideas to be shared and analyzed. 

Sign In to comment