Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

First day jitters

What was your worst first day ever?

when I brought in material for the wrong class, I had to wing it but it was fun! I learned not to stress because that can be seen by our students.

my worst day ever is when is the first day of class and one third to a half of my class does not show up

Having never been in front of a class I was almost in shock. Blood pressure high, fear of failure over taking my thoughts. Trying to find the correct first words to open the class had me in a tail spin. Oh I had training but never in front of a "LIVE" class. I would say that this followed me for 3 months once even getting sick on the way to class over "NERVES". Until a fellow instructor said to me " THRY CAN"T EAT YOU" I cracked up and as odd as it sounds that put me at ease and allowed me to relax and get down to running the classroom. Near retirement now but those days I will never forget. As tough as they seemed at the time.

When I am NOT prepared.  ugh

Reply to Robert Cool's post:That made me laugh! The instructor that is mentoring me said that no matter how much you think you don't know, you were hired because you know more than the students, and you have it in you to teach them that knowledge.  That seemed to really help ease my jitters!

Sign In to comment