Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Lab exercise results???

What are you looking for from the results of the students performing lab exercises?
Which is more important? Results or the proper knowledge of the correct path to follow to get the desired results!
As a Factory automotive instructor we want our students to become entry level tech when they complete the necessary training to become certified. Here we are trying to show that the path is just as important as guessing the final results based on previous labs.
Entry level techs need to understand a path to find the results and with knowledge and experienchey will then be able to get the proper results no matter what.

Lauren,

Following the path and being able to solve problems along the way is the key objective.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

lab exercise also help to improve their trouble shooting skills

in my Hematology class, I always emphasize the importance of following the correct process. Even though students may miss the vein and not obtain the blood specimen, I emphasize the importance of following the corrcect process in order not to harm the patient. Some students become fixated on filling the tube with blood and ignoring the process.I always stress the importance of the process.

I teach a Clinical Lab class, and I am always stressing the importance of lab safety. I like to run scenarios that show the students the right and wrong way to do a given procedure. This allows for them to see what the true consequences can be if they don't follow the lab rules. I stress the fact that they might not like the look of the safety gear that us required for the skill, but remind them that the look is worth avoiding the possible risk.

Johan,

Adding safety to the lessons is a frequent concern for those taking this course.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Sign In to comment