Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Finding way to help and work with students with learning disabitilies

We are having more and more students coming out of high school with learning disabilities, as an instructor understanding how to address their special leraning need was not a easy task, but once I understood that not everyone leran the same method I talk you sit and listen, it became easy for me learning other ways to aide in reaching a level of understanding for each student.

I understand that not everyone learns the same way

I meet and talk to those who have learning disabilities. I inquire about what methods they have found. I also inform them about the schools programs that may offer additional support.

HOw do you break the ice with students that do not like to talk about thier issues

Roy,
Definitely a challenge with those who are not willing to open up. I would suggest taking your time & just consistently demonstrating to them that you are there to help & you want to help them. Hopefully this will help them eventually open up to you.

Dr. Ryan Meers

DO you try to pull the answer out of them. Ask a 2nd or 3rd questions to give them the answer to state?

Hello finding nout first off discussing it with that person or person focusing first on were the diffculties lied with them an began to work from there

Sign In to comment