Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning disabilities

I appreciate the idea of putting a box around important text, great idea, this will make LD students zoom in on needed information.

Hi Joan!

Yes, I agree! There are so many clever, creative ways that material can be reenforced or highlighted. AND - the other part, students enjoy the colors, the shapes, etc. that can be use. Use your creative juices!

Good job!

Jane Davis
ED106 facilitator

When working with students all of my students I always show praise, encouragement and patience. I am constantly giving incentives to my students and making the class assignments as fun and hands-on as possible. Now, with my students with learning disabilities I think the biggest difference that I supply to them is the extra time to complete assignments and in very rare occassions I sometime do not require them to complete the entire assigment meaning if we had to complete a 5 page paper I may make them complete a 2 1/2 page paper. I have found that most of my students with learning disabilities do not like to be singled out or given special attention or preference so therefore I treat them as I do the rest of my students on the majority of classroom tasks.

Greetings Diantha!

GREAT job and passion for what you do! When instructors praise, encourage and have patience, the students are already ahead of the learning curve. Positive reenforcement is key to successful student outcomes.

Keep up the good work!

Jane Davis
ED106 Facilitator

I always recommend high lighting in different colors or even taking notes in colored gel pens. Students have a great success in recalling colors.

I like the idea of putting a box around the information

Sign In to comment