Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Personal Hurdles

I find sharing my own hurdles in the education system and how I overcame them helps relieve the anxiety of the student to approach me with there own hurdles. It I believe also motivates them, showing them they can overcome and reach there goals with hard work.

My students appreciate me sharing my personal learning obstacles so they feel more comfortable allowing me to assist them. It works well for all of us.

I have found that also.

I agree. In addition to sharing my hurdles I share my remedies. Sometimes we can modify some of my remedies to meet the student's needs.

I agree with this. I share my trials & errors with all my students so they will see that the road isn't straight, they will hit bumps along the way. I did it and still succeeded as they will too. It allows the students to see the teachers as human and they stress over their own in-abilities a little less.

I agree also. I share my weak areas to my students, which helps put them at ease in their weaknesses. We just work harder, together, to create ways for them to get through it.

I have also shared my hurdles and remedies. When the student can see that they're not alone and someone else, especially their instructor, has overcome the same hurdle(s), this gives them the motivation to continue on.

Sign In to comment