Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Life experiences

By using life experience, in general life shoudl always be about learning, being that we all have different backgrounds

Students get a better understanding with life experience

students need tp know you love your job and that you can give real life stories to share to help them get excited sbout what you do.

This is a great point. We have chosen to teach for a reason, but by relating the real life experiences we can help our students see our passion for the career field in which we now teach. This will help them get excited for their future as well.
Ryan

Giving life experiences related to the subject matter is very important and helpful for studnts as they can relate the course content to understant it s application and use in life. Its also make them understand the course content better.

Mohammed,
Great points made. It does help with the application & you're right, it also can help with student recall. They can lock on to those specific situations & recall info better.
Ryan

I agree that it displays our passion for our field which in turn will hopefully motivate them. I like to share stories of failure and success so that the students understand that failing is a part of the job and a part of life. I tend to learn the most from my mistakes and the mistakes of others and do my best to relay that to the students.

Thomas,
this is great & helps prepare the students for the reality that they will fail & that's okay.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment