Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Group learning

I like the idea of group learning, it can help bring out shy and withdrawn students. Groups can help students help students and a feeling of belonging.

When I get ready to form the groups in the classroom, I will ask the students to count off 1 to 4. All the 1 will be in a group 2 in a group and so on. This way I get a mixture of students in each group. If I see a student that is shy, or quite in class, start to talk to the other students because the student that their grade is the outcome of the group, is great to see. After this the student will speak up in class and they get along with other students because the other students can see that the quite student is rather intelligent. I seen the shy student, after group learning, take over a subject, and do the research for the group.

Hi Al!

It's great when groups outcomes are successful as group work can really be a challenge. Sound like you have a strategy that works.

Good job!

Jane Davis
ED106 Facilitator

It also prepares them for the real world when they have to work together with co-workers.

I think group learning is a great idea. I had a small class where all the students in the class where shy and didn't like to talk. so to put them in groups and have them do things together make them open up more.

Sign In to comment