Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

5X7 vs. a piece of paper

I find it difficult to keep up with 5x7 notecards (in order to use them for the next term) so I end up using notebook paper and I.....keep it in a 3-ring binder. Is that so terrible? I find that on days when I have my little outline on my piece of paper we have a great class with a good "flow." I have, however used 5x7 cards before, I just have storage issues with them.

5X7 vs. a piece of paper
by: Floyd Mitchell Raines

I really like the idea of a piece of paper as opposed to 5x7 cards. It is so easy to sit and read down the page than be fumbling with cards with the questions on one side and the answers on another. I get that utilizing the most senses helps the learner but it can be counterproductive also. its best to keep it simple.

Kiofa,
no, not terrible at all! Really the idea is to have your notes in a format that is easy for you to move around the classroom. If you can do that easily with paper, great! We just don't want to get locked behind the podium.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Floyd,
absolutely! Find the system that works best for you & use it to be the most effective possible.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I have found small refillable binder notepads that are easy to manage from a size perspective, and can keep the cards in order. You can even remove a chapters worth of notes and place the next set of note-cards in, so you can save the expense of multiple mini binders.

Patrick,
this is a great idea for staying well organized in front of your class.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment