Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Body language of an instructor

I believe that body language of an instructor plays big role in delivering lecture. A positive body language conveys the student that the instructor is well prepared and is concerned with students learning.

I remember a teacher of mine that seemed scared of the students. At first I felt compassion for the teacher but later discovered that he had no ability to connect with the students nor did he take advantage of times I tried to connect with him on a professional level. Most of the other students in the same class had no patience for the body language he displayed at first and the class ended up being very combative. Body language has a huge impact on students first impressions.

Kimberly,
This is so true & we must be aware that our presence as instructors has a tremendous impact on the overall climate of the class.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

That write when I have a smile I get a positive student back feed big diffrents

I agree Michael a smile makes a difference and helps students feel at eaze

CHARLES,

the attitude of the instructor does make a significant difference in the classroom.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I agree, utilizing body body language while lecturing will not only keep the student engaged in the lecture but also allow the instructor to portray that he/she knows what she is talking about. It displays a sense of power and confidence.

Sign In to comment