Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Movement in the instructional area

I agree that an instructor needs to move throughout the classroom/lab, it makes the students focus on what is being said or done. They will pay attention, not sure of what comes next, will she ask a question during lecture, in lab will she check my work to see if I am doing it correctly, etc. It keeps them alert especially if the subject is difficult.

How do you enable yourself to comfortably float for an hour and a half class that is setup to mostly be a lecture forum course?

Our school wants students to use laptops in class. Being an Instructor you must be alert to what is going on in the class. One student was on E-BAY during class and he didn't think that I would see him. He told me that the othwer teachers didn't walk around the class room, and he just started to check out the E-BAY site after I gave the class the work they had to do. The other things that you see and the responce you get from students is worth the time that it takes to tour the classroom, what the students call it. The biggest reward is that you can see what students are ready for class and they are ready to answer your questions, and take part of the class.

Hi Al!

Very interesting! Please give me more info into the use of computers in the classroom. I am assuming this is NOT a computer class but students are using labtops as a tool to learning/note taking.

I would like to try the use of texting in class for exam review, etc. What do you think?

Good work!

Jane Davis
ED106 Facilitator

You asked how we use computers in the classroom, The students can take tests, homework, quizzes, do projects and workstudys. It a big help for the Instructors because when the students are finish with a test, the grade is posted on the instructors computer. In some of our classes the students take their final, when finish, grade is posted. Another way we have the student use the computers is when we ask a question, or we want a fact about something, the students look it up.

I like to move around the classroom as it allows me to engage the students more closely. It also helps those at the back of the classroom to feel like they are a part of the entire class and be better engaged.

Sign In to comment