Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Moving Around

I enjoy moving around so that each student has eye contact from time to time. I feel I can see each student and be more sensitive to needs or questions or concerns they may be afraid to ask. It is working so far I am teaching 9th class with same material.
Julie

I also try to move around while I lecture. I found that it helps to keep focus on topic if I do and it encourages students to take notes instead of doodling or daydreaming.

I have made it a habit to move around in my classes while I lecture. It seems to really help with the older student and encourages more participation

I feel that moving around the classroom is important to keep the students engaged. It also helps keep their attention and focus if they know that you are moving around. Plus you can get to know the class better when you can address people in a more personal manner.

I agree with Julie, I like to move around the class and be sure to maintain eye contact with my students. When maintain eye contact you can sometime read a students face and see that they are not quite sure what is going on without them saying anything, I am then able to reword the statement or reteach the content without the student having to say a word (this avoids student embarrassment---not asking questions they feel are "dumb questions" without them having to say a word). By walking around the class I can sometime look at the work students are doing and be sure they are on the right track without them having to say anything and I am also making sure the students are engaged and keeping up with the rest of the class.

Hi Diantha!

Excellent! You are clearly staying in touch with students and areinterested in their learning outcomes.

Good job and keep up the good work!

Jane Davis
ED106 Facilitator

Sign In to comment