Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Other considerations

It was a bit difficult to follow all the learningmaterial, types of learning, and Alpha, beta ect classes. I did like the easy approach to writting learning objectives.

Agree with your comment, however I did find that after taking this section that I have subconsciously been using the "back chaining" delivery method. I teach medical term/anatomy and when I introduce a new body system, I typically read a case study relevant to that system and have students try to breakdown the language and make sense of it. It's very effective when students can then relate the new language to a "story". The Pygmalion effect was extremely informative.

This was the most challenging course that I have taken thus far but it is also one of the most valuable. This course is the first to discuss the course as a complete system and to include the idea of curriculum development. We use this system so we are fortunate to have the resources to do an Alpha and a Beta iteration of the courses before going "live". We still have changes to the curriculum after each iteration but they are generally minor.

I have been using this approach and it seems to me that it is working.

I found this section a bit difficult to follow as well and not quite as applicable as the previous sections.

Sign In to comment