Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning activities

I really liked the activities mentioned. I am not very creative so these were helpful, However, in an enviornment of short rapid classes, it is hard to spend time on soe of the activities, as it takes from the material needed to be covered.

I agree. I like visual so I spent some time on my own developing different activities and additions to lecturing. It is difficult to put a lot of these ideas into practice with the accelerated courses.

connie,

it is definitely a challenge & let me say great job on taking the time to plan these activities.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

It can be dificult but the effort is well worth the reward if the students learn.

i like to keep the activies moving with a lot of hands on and pass arounds

I find that my students never want to get out of their seats and do activities. Once they are doing them they tend to have alot of fun with it and learn alot. I really need to add the review at the end of the activity so check their learning.

Jennifer,
I highly recommend this as it will encourage them to reflect on the learning as well as on the fun of the activity.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Most of my students are visual learners. So, I spend time each class providing hand drawn visual pictures so the students can relate that to the subject matter.

Tara,
this is an excellent way to highlight the information & to illustrate it in another way.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment