Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Activites in the lecture classroom

I like the idea of games in the classroom, but with limited time it is hard, sometimes we get so involved it is time to go. I need so short to the point games, I will do some research. I know the students will like the change.

Joan,
Depending on your field, you will find that using games will be challenging. It was very hard for me to find games and exercises in the field that I teach - Health Information Management. I actually wound up redesigning many games that I found on K-12 educational websites.

A game that you could probably adapt would be a combination Jepardy/Bingo type game that you could utilize to summarize or review material covered in the class. Your Bingo spaces would contain a single word or phase and your "call out" would be the definition of the word or phase.

Deborah Balentine

games can be very effective at getting the class involved

I like to do games in the classroom on the white board over the last material just covered. The activity is based on words definition, and filling the blink. The students are grouping in 3 different groups. They practice the ABC strategic without they even know....

Hello Jon

I agree. When the vibe in the classroom seems to getting sluggish, and activity or game orianted activity always seems to pep up the individuals in the room.

Sharon,
these really can be great ways to break up the monotony & also to help different styles of learners grasp the material.

Dr. Ryan Meers

Sign In to comment