Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

learning thru activities

classroom actiivities for me do not involve games..my needs for students are entirely different

@Charlotte,
I understand not seeing how to fit games into a course. I often find that a game is not necessary, but some kind of engaging activity. For example, I give my students a research project about a country. I tell them no 2 people can do the same country; who ever claims the country first, gets it! This motivates the students to get their assignment done so they can research the country they want.

Every school is different and subject matter may allow for some game to contribute to the students learning experience, however, In My field, the students are very hands on, the subject matter itself is engaging enough. The students in the lab create new and efficient ways that are perhaps playful yet very productive.

In My field, the students are very hands on, the subject matter itself is engaging enough. The students in the lab create new and efficient ways that are perhaps playful yet very productive.

the course i instruct is also very hands on and the students have fun while they are learning i know for me i learn best if i am told ,shown and then allowed to do when i can do it i seem to retain it better and i remember the reason for doing the task a certin way

Sign In to comment