Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Creative enviroment

Our class room serves many purposes, it is how we interact with the students in our class rooms that create the creative enviroment of learning. If we use our rooms as learning tools, with visual aids, hands on tasks, and personal space, each student will make it their enviroment and learning will come easier to our students.

I am a Pastry instructor at LCBLA my classroom is a kitchen. We have many visual aids surrounding us such as the tools we use to make each assignment. As far as creative it is what different types of pastries we create everyday. Eye candy surrounds us.

The visual aspect of the room is an attention getter as students arrive. I like the influence that quotes and visual aids provide to the learning environment.

Yes! When students see these items it sends a message that we as instructors care about them & the learning environment & makes them more excited to get into the learning.
Ryan

I find that in a kitchen classroom, it is so important to keep tools, equipment, and supplies neat and organized. When things are cluttered and out of place it definitely reflects in the students work. It also affects their performance when they are crowded and space is limited.

mendy ,
I think you make a great point here for all of us to remember. There is a fine line between creativity & chaos; while working for creativity we need to make sure we are not encouraging chaos.

Dr. Ryan Meers

I agree- I like to put student work up around the room so that they can learn from each other.

Sign In to comment