Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Giving Test

I like to give all types test. I do not think that one kind of test should be used all the time. I have work very hard to mix my test up.

I think that this is a great idea. I like to incorporate fill in the blank. gets the students thinking. Also i incorporate critical thinking questions as well.

I think a variety of questioning methods used for each test would be effective, however changing the testing structure each time students are tested may stifle student success. When students can anticipate the style of testing, it helps them choose appropriate study habits. Students need some predictability in testing otherwise they may develop unnecessary anxiety.

Hi Kristina, I agree that it is better for students to have an idea of what to expect in assessments.

Susan Polick

I incorporated different testing methods in one test. Combination of T/F, multiple choice, and short answer to assess students knowledge. If there is a lot of term I may utilize matching. This is an effective way to assess their knowledge of new material.

I do the same thing, mix it up. I find that students even get bored with the same kind of test all the time. Some subjects I will do essay and others short answer to multiple choice. keeps everyone on challenged.

As I have stated in a previous forum, I use many different types of questions in any given exam. I feel that this gives me and the student a clear picture of what they have learned.

Mixing it up allows students to utilize different test taking skills. A skill that's required for their future. Able to analyze different perspectives of a problem.

Sign In to comment