Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

testing

multiple multiple choice questions are the best

i dont agree. i like short answer or essay because it encourages the student to really know the material and not just be able to guess

Depending on the class,I think it can benefit certain topics

I test my students based on their inclass performace. we are consistantly sculpting or making molds inmy class so I can asses them everyday through every practice

I believe that assessing each student learning style will determine what type of learner they are.

I like to change it up with short answers and essay questions.

I agree,

I feel that placement assessment helps me to understand the prior knowledge of my students.

Hi Alnita- Thanks for your post to the forum. Thankfully, placement testing has become more common and we are no longer "flying blind" with our students! Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career. Susan

I believe we need to incorporate a variety of testing methods in order to take into account the abilities of the students. They maybe premiere in skills, but struggle with academics. To choose a method of testing that is a complete challenge to their scholastic ability is skewed unfairly, I think. Balance should be our goal.

I agree. The students should have at least 3 different types of test varieties per each class, so that the students are well aware of how to achieve success on each of their tests no matter what variety is used to deliver the material..

My students like multiple choice and true & false.

Sign In to comment