Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

learning stlyes

i think that there may be a fifth style of learning. audio/visual. any other thoughts on this topic??

Hi Jesse - Interesting question! I know that I like to watch videos but would not want to watch one without audio. Given a choice though of watching a video of someone, say, preparing a steak, without sound, or someone giving me just audio telling me HOW to do it - I would go with the video. Anyone else have any thoughts on this question? Susan

In light that most of todays students grew up with video with audio as a teacher/babysitter/entertainer and many have played thousands of hours of games where sound can be a trigger or notification for an action. I think video with audio and visual are different modalities and with the gaming factor you even need to add a kinestetic component. My wife and I have a special needs daughter who has difficulty learning any information, but she can quote the script from entire movies after watching it only 2 or 3 times. Educational videos have been wonderful for her. The mind is an amazing thing!!!

Sign In to comment