Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Effective learning

Showing students how you preform a task will give them a way to understand the material at hand.CWM

I just completed the course on Effective Teaching Strategies and think it would be essential to coordinate the material with effective learning. The topic of how people learn is interesting to me because as I get older I feel my learning techniques change or evolve in some ways. I also observe the learning techniques of my 2 elementary boys and if they can be focused they are little sponges. Maybe it has something to do with my psychology major.

Sherese,
I have been in education for over 30 years and I am still amazed at how little I know about the learning process. When you take an object (human brain) that weighs three pounds and is 80% water and it does all of the things it does in maintaining the rest of the body plus learning we can appreciate how something so simple and yet so complex shapes our lives. You are right about how learning patterns and preferences shift as individuals move through various stages in their lives. Keep up the good job you are doing in "reading" your students and helping them to stay engaged.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I do believe that anytime there can be demonstrations applied the students will learn more effecdtively.

Aleatha,
Yes, they do because they get use more of their senses and this helps them to take in more information and to be able to understand the applications for the content.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment