Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

mixing it up also

I try with each subject I teach to mix it up. I use a challenge, homework reading, powerpoint, review exercises and some case studies where applicable. I also prepare the students a week ahead of time to work on their review sheets for upcoming tests. I have great sucess all around.

Hi Faith,
Good to hear about your teaching success. Everyone like variety and from your comments it appears that you are incorporating variety where ever you can. Keep up the good work, I know your students are appreciate it.
Gary

Hi Faith,

I completely agree with you and pretty much use the same style as you. Keep up the good work.

I mix it up also in my class, we start with a dvd show, then to powerpoint, then I even have shown recent music videos to show examples of certain themes that I am demostrating in class. I will give an example of something or of someone in class and then offer a challenge if anyone could research this subject on break, they will get exra credit. Also I have done psedo jobs, presented in a envelope. For Example. Congratulations who have just been appointed head of design wardrobe for Desperate Housewifes, you will be responsible for: They love that!!!
Victoria Holbus

the nice thing about mixing it up is you always have a fail-safe. If somthing were to go down(computer, overhead) it won't disrupt the entire lecture. You could move on and come back at a later point.

Thanks

Sign In to comment